A Level Economics
Are you interested in increasing your understanding of national and global events such as Brexit and the election of Donald Trump?
Do you wish to learn more about how scarce resources are allocated by governments and organisations?
Do you aspire to study at a Russell Group University?
Then A-Level Economics will help you:
- develop an interest and enthusiasm for economics and its contribution to the wider political and social environment
- develop an enquiring, critical and thoughtful ‘economist’s mind’
- develop an understanding of current economic issues, problems and institutions that affect everyday life
- analyse, explain and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the market economy and the role of government within it.
Assessment consists of three 2 hour written papers on each of the following topics:
- Markets and Market Failure
- The National and International Economy
- Economic Principles
Students who have taken this course have gone on to study economics at degree level at some of the best universities in the country.